Friday, March 26, 2010

Who Else Writes Romance?

I cannot get over it. On her blog portfolio, it states that Lisa Kleypas is a scorpio and a dragon. I receive it as a good sign that a favourite author and I share the same Chinese and astrological signs. This means that my not-so-secret dream of one day getting a book published might actually happen. I would finish each story thinking it is the best thing ever, and walk around with a buzz, only to be convinced it is garbage in a few months. And that I have to start writing.

As an avid romance reader, the excerpt I came across of Smooth Talking Stranger is arguably one of the best. There weren’t any sexy kissing scenes, but I could feel the sexual tension. This is the worst kind of reader torture, where I have to anticipate any kind of touch. In a blog, a reviewer who disliked Hardy Cates in Sugar Daddy (the first book) says that Kleypas has managed to change her mind about him. Since, she is a favourite author; I think I will fall for him too.


This is why I read romance novels: You get to fall in love. Another is the deep emotional connection between two people. They may be different in the way of doing things, but they are able to ‘‘get each other’’.

And, I enjoy sighing in satisfaction at a good happily-ever-after.

No comments: